Monday, January 11, 2010

10 January 2010, First Sunday after Epiphany

A good Sunday, as all (and all days) should be. Feast of the Baptism of Our Lord, Theopahny. Pastor's sermon beautiful, saturated with the euangellion. I gave two “temple talks” before Eucharists and an hour-long SS chat with projected photos at St. John Lutheran Church, Griffin; all went well except for the first talk in which I found my tear ducts somehow strangely connected to my heart, and I had to sniffle and bawl my way through 4 of the 5 minutes. Not your usual tears of compunction, just too many memories of Haitian children by the roadsides. At any rate, I got through the SS thing without them seeing a 72-year-old fogey pathetically slobbering more than decorum allows. Somehow the Spirit managed to save the whole thing, and we may eventually have a few more Lutherans traipsing down to PAP sometime.

Grateful to Larry Schultz; he not only offered to take me to the airport on February 1, but also to loan me his camcorder so that I can record our interviews with Johnson, John-Smith, Andronic, and Stevenson in Port au Prince.

No comments: