Sunday, January 03, 2010

3 January 2010, Second Sunday after Christmas

Still Christmastide, the Second Sunday after the Nativity. Eucharist at St. John Church with richly insightful sermon by Pastor Katie this morning. Robust singing of carols. And afterwards: procession outside for the Groundbreaking, the blessing of the ground and the soon-to-be built educational addition:

May this building be a place where your glory dwells, where your Word is studied and taught, where your light shines through us as we serve each other and the community around us. May your gracious blessing descend like the dew from heaven upon this place and all who gather here to be equipped for service in your name.

Pastor Katie confirmed her earlier suggestion that next Sunday I make a "Temple Talk" and during the hour between Eucharists I share some thoughts on how my life has been changed by visiting Haiti during the past five years. I've been working on the presentation for several weeks now; I keep rearranging pictures and try to find the best possible sequence. Kirk was kind to remind me to avoid all bulleted onscreen lists. My hopes are that I'll not inappropriately focus much on myself, but on the people of Haiti, and most importantly, on the grace of God who has given me the gift of Haiti's people.

No comments: