Tuesday, January 05, 2010

5 January 2010

Bitterly cold with the sky void of clouds. Some fields still stippled with unharvested cotton balls. Skimmings of ice in the middle of the cove. Mallards feeding in toward the shoreline. The sun an orangey disk streaked with pine trees.

We said goodbye to Christmastide and with Evening Prayer entered the Feast of the Epiphany. Tomorrow we bless our home with the traditional chalk markings, going from room to room, saying prayers, asking that the Light of Christ fill our kitchen, living room, bedrooms, study, and laundry room.

Drove to Conyers and saw It's Complicated; the theatre was filled with lots of older folks, all of whom--I think we can safely assume--know just how any human life is complicated. Within the complications of my life, God has been gracious, marking all that is central to my inner life with the simplicity of Christ. This Epiphanytide I continue to ask God and his Word always to a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Got a Tuesday letter off to Chelsea.

No comments: